September 13, 2010

Sunday September 12th! 33 days!

Ok...this whole year i have only raced 3 times before today. Sad i know. I have to change this...well the marathon will contribute to this lack of races, but i vow for the month on November and December to have some fun with 5k's.

Today I had 16 miles on tap so i had some fun with a local 5k, which was a fundraiser for a Local Boy Scout who is working on an Eagle Project. Me as an Eagle Scout knows how hard it is and work that needs to be put into in so i made my contribution by running his 5k.

I warmed up with 7 miles (crazy i know) then went on to run the 5k in 17:25 for first! my second win ever! and proceeded that with a really nice cool down of 6 miles. I have to say today was a lot of fun and the weather was perfect with low-60's and cloudy.

The last 3 miles of my cooldown?! was pretty painful. I had to deal with side stitches on my right said and could only run like 90sec without stopping again and stretching it out. Anyone have some pointers for this? i really don't want this to happy again.

Thanks for reading and This past week was a great training week, 55 miles total! maybe going to his 60 next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment