August 9, 2010

Another week gone by.. 68 days left



So this week was a down week with only 35 miles total, but it was a good week in the books. I'm feeling good and ready to pounce upon my 20 milers that are coming up. I feel like some people wouldn't think im going to be ready for my Marathon. So might say, hey your not doing enough mileage, or your missing some key long runs. (I've only skipped on) but hey, I'm Listening to my body for one and I'm also working two jobs over the summer, so I've got to balance a lot for the whole summer.

I really want to jump in some kind of local race, but there just isn't any time, with me working weekends mostly and there is never an opportunity to run weekdays because no other person could attend. Ah the life, ill just have to wait.

Fundraising wise i had a nice little boost over the past couple of weeks. First my my mom, who is awesome. Second my mom's best friend Candace, and finally a couple i work with here at Mount Desert Campground. Things are looking good. 57% of the way there!

Tuesday: After a huge breakfast in town, i went out and did 8 miles on the roads. The last two miles became quite windy.
Wednesday: 8.5 mile bike ride with Brittany. very nice peadal, and a great weather
Thursday: 9 miler on tri lake tour. Went around Jordan, bubble and the south Side of Ealge Lake.
Friday: easy 6 miler
Saturday: Moderate 6 miler. First mile or two was a warmup followed by some quicker miles (6:00, 5:58, 5:48 miles)then took the last mile easy.
Sunday: Britt's parents were up, went out and did a 6 miler around Hadlock pond,plus up to the amphitheater. good stuff

With 68 days left I'm feeling lucky to be able to expierence this and can't wait for the challenge ahead. Thanks for reading and please check out my Fundraising page!

No comments:

Post a Comment